Panthers goalie Thomas has strained groin
Florida Panthers goaltender Tim Thomas left Tuesday's game against the Flyers in the first period with a pulled groin.
He did not return. He surrendered two goals in the first 7:31 of play and the Panthers lost 2-1.
Thomas, who took a hiatus from hockey last year to spend more time with his family, joined the Panthers during training camp on a professional tryout before inking a one-year deal.
The 39-year-old former Conn Smythe Trophy winner has given up nine goals in three starts. He was yanked after allowing five in the Panthers' 7-0 shutout loss to the Blues Saturday night.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos