Canucks' Edler banned 3 for check to head
Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alex Edler has been suspended three games for an illegal check to the head of San Jose Sharks forward Tomas Hertl.
The NHL made the announcement on Friday. The hit came late in the second period of Vancouver's 4-1 loss to San Jose on Thursday night.
Edler popped Hertl's helmet off as the 19-year-old was reaching for the puck. There was no penalty called on the play.
Edler was suspended for charging in March and is considered a repeat offender. He'll forfeit $182,926 in salary, which goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 15 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 44 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos