Canucks' Edler banned 3 for check to head
Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alex Edler has been suspended three games for an illegal check to the head of San Jose Sharks forward Tomas Hertl.
The NHL made the announcement on Friday. The hit came late in the second period of Vancouver's 4-1 loss to San Jose on Thursday night.
Edler popped Hertl's helmet off as the 19-year-old was reaching for the puck. There was no penalty called on the play.
Edler was suspended for charging in March and is considered a repeat offender. He'll forfeit $182,926 in salary, which goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 36 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 7 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos