Canes' Khudobin on IR with lower-body injury
The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury.
The team on Monday also recalled goalie Justin Peters from its AHL affiliate in Charlotte.
Khudobin was hurt during the second period of a 5-3 loss to Phoenix on Sunday when he skated away from the net to play the puck.
Coach Kirk Muller said after practice Monday that it was "unfortunate ... to see him go off like that" but "hopefully, he's back sooner than later."
Khudobin signed a one-year deal worth $800,000 in July to back up starter Cam Ward.
Ward was given a regular day off Monday, so equipment manager Jorge Campos played goalie during practice.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos