Jackets' Calvert has surgery, out six weeks
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Columbus Blue Jackets forward Matt Calvert has undergone surgery to repair an abdominal injury, general manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced Tuesday.
The surgery was performed by Dr. William Meyers at the Vincera Institute in Philadelphia. Calvert is expected to be out for approximately six weeks.
The 23-year-old Calvert played in three games this season before the injury. He has 20 goals and 19 assists in 100 career NHL games, all with the Blue Jackets. Columbus selected the 5-foot-11, 187-pound left winger in the 2008 fifth round.
He was an important forechecker for the Blue Jackets a year ago as they made a run at the playoffs.
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 2 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 4 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 23 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
4 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos