Lapierre suspended 5 games for Boyle hit
St. Louis Blues forward Maxim Lapierre was suspended for five games without pay by the NHL on Friday for boarding San Jose Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle on Tuesday night.
Lapierre was assessed a major penalty for checking from behind and a game misconduct in the first period of the Blues' 6-2 home loss. He served the first game of the suspension while awaiting an in-person hearing Friday.
The suspension will cost Lapierre $28,205.
Boyle was knocked out on the play, taken off the ice on a stretcher and spent the night in a hospital. He missed the Sharks' 4-3 shootout loss in Dallas on Thursday night.
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos