Lapierre suspended 5 games for Boyle hit
St. Louis Blues forward Maxim Lapierre was suspended for five games without pay by the NHL on Friday for boarding San Jose Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle on Tuesday night.
Lapierre was assessed a major penalty for checking from behind and a game misconduct in the first period of the Blues' 6-2 home loss. He served the first game of the suspension while awaiting an in-person hearing Friday.
The suspension will cost Lapierre $28,205.
Boyle was knocked out on the play, taken off the ice on a stretcher and spent the night in a hospital. He missed the Sharks' 4-3 shootout loss in Dallas on Thursday night.
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 29 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 25 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 25 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
29 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos