Source: Stars' Garbutt accepts hearing over hit
Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt has been offered the option of an in-person hearing after his high hit on Dustin Penner of the Anaheim Ducks in a game Sunday night.
Garbutt will accept the invitation, though a hearing has not been scheduled, a source told ESPN.com Monday morning.
Garbutt exited the penalty box in the second period of a 6-3 Anaheim victory and skated into Penner in the slot just as he released the puck, striking him with his shoulder in the head area. No penalty was called.
Penner had to be helped from the ice and did not return.
The in-person hearing allows the league's office of player safety more latitude in levying suspensions greater than five games in length, although the fact there is an in-person hearing does not guarantee there will be supplemental discipline.
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 10 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 15 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos