Avs' McLeod suspended five for Kronwall hit
Colorado Avalanche forward Cody McLeod was suspended for five games by the NHL on Monday for his hit along the boards on Detroit Red Wings defenseman Niklas Kronwall last week.
Kronwall was carried off the ice on a stretcher early in the first period after being rammed into the boards in the Red Wings' 4-2 win last Thursday. He suffered a concussion and cuts to the ear.
McLeod was assessed a 5-minute penalty for boarding and a game misconduct for the hit on Kronwall.
The suspension will cost McLeod $29,487, with the money going to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
The Avalanche play in Pittsburgh on Monday night.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 48 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 22 min ago
- 6 dead, 60+ hurt in NYC gas explosion 25 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region 11 min ago
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
48 min ago
- 6 dead, 60+ hurt in NYC gas explosion
25 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos