Isles' Grabner suspended 2 games for check
New York Islanders forward Michael Grabner has been suspended for two games by the NHL on Monday for an illegal check to the head of Carolina Hurricanes forward Nathan Gerbe.
The incident occurred at approximately 6:42 of the first period of Carolina's 4-3 win over the Islanders on Saturday. No penalty was called on the play.
He will miss Tuesday's home game against Vancouver and Friday's road game against the Penguins.
The suspension will cost Grabner $30,769, with the money going to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ