Isles sign veteran Martinek to 1-year deal
With Lubomir Visnovsky on injured reserve, the New York Islanders have signed veteran defenseman Radek Martinek to a one-year deal.
The deal is worth $600,000, a source confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com.
An eighth-round pick by the Islanders in 1999, the 36-year-old Martinek has registered 107 points in 473 career games. He collected three goals in 13 games with the Islanders last season.
Visnovsky was placed on IR earlier this week with a concussion.
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos