Defenseman Rielly to stick with Maple Leafs
Morgan Rielly is staying with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Coach Randy Carlyle said Thursday that the 19-year-old defenseman won't be returned to the Moose Jaw Warriors of the Western Hockey League after he plays his ninth game with the Leafs.
A junior-eligible player is allowed to play up to nine games without his NHL team burning a year of his entry-level contract. Rielly will play his ninth game Friday in Columbus.
Rielly has four assists, a minus-3 rating and two penalty minutes in eight games this season.
He was drafted fifth overall by Toronto in 2012.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County 16 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 9 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 11 min ago
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
7 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing...
13 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun...
11 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos