Wild call up Gustafsson to back up Backstrom
The Minnesota Wild have recalled goalie Johan Gustafsson from the AHL, after a lower-body injury that forced Josh Harding out of the last game after two periods.
Gustafsson was 2-0 with a 1.99 goals-against average in three games this season for the Iowa Wild. The sixth-round pick in the 2010 draft played in his native Sweden last season and has not appeared in an NHL game. He'll be the backup to Niklas Backstrom when the Wild play at Chicago Saturday.
Coach Mike Yeo said after practice Friday that Harding was feeling better but won't travel to the game.
Backstrom's relief appearance for Harding Thursday in the win over Carolina was his first action since he suffered a lower-body injury Oct. 8.
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 41 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos