Eriksson 'doing better,' visits Bruins practice
Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson, who is out indefinitely due to a concussion, visited with the team prior to practice Monday morning at Ristuccia Arena.
Although he's not expected back in the lineup for at least another week, coach Claude Julien said it was a good sign to see Eriksson at practice.
"He's doing better," Julien said. "The one good news is he showed up this morning, came by, and that's usually good news when a guy can leave his home and come to the rink. We're taking it day by day with him. I think right now, you're not going to see him for the next week, and I don't think he'll skate in the next week. We can put it at that stage for now."
Eriksson was held overnight in Buffalo for precautionary reasons. Scott was suspended indefinitely for the hit and has missed two games ahead of his hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety on Thursday.
With Eriksson out of the lineup, Julien moved Brad Marchand back to the wing on Patrice Bergeron's line, along with Reilly Smith. Carl Soderberg has been on the line with Chris Kelly and Jordan Caron.
"You do that throughout the season whether you have injuries or no injuries, you move guys around," Julien said.
Marchand "is used to playing with Bergy, so it's nothing major. Jordan's played with Kells, and Soderberg's been there as well. I don't think they were major changes, it's more we need a little bit more from our lines offensively. It's more about individuals and how they can give you a little bit more versus who you have on what line."
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 28 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 7 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 1 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 7 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos