Penguins forward Kobasew out 3-4 weeks
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Chuck Kobasew is out for at least three weeks with a lower-body injury.
Coach Dan Bylsma says Kobasew was hurt in the first period of Monday's 3-1 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. Kobasew, who signed with Pittsburgh as a free agent in the offseason, has two goals in 12 games for the Penguins.
Kobasew's injury came one game after the Penguins lost defenseman Rob Scuderi with an ankle injury that will require surgery.
The Penguins are already playing without forward James Neal (upper body), forward Beau Bennett (undisclosed injury) and goaltender Tomas Vokoun. Vokoun is out until at least January while he recovers from a blood clot.
Pittsburgh forward Brandon Sutter did not practice on Tuesday. His status for Wednesday's game against Boston is unclear.
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 55 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos