Penguins forward Kobasew out 3-4 weeks
Pittsburgh Penguins forward Chuck Kobasew is out for at least three weeks with a lower-body injury.
Coach Dan Bylsma says Kobasew was hurt in the first period of Monday's 3-1 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. Kobasew, who signed with Pittsburgh as a free agent in the offseason, has two goals in 12 games for the Penguins.
Kobasew's injury came one game after the Penguins lost defenseman Rob Scuderi with an ankle injury that will require surgery.
The Penguins are already playing without forward James Neal (upper body), forward Beau Bennett (undisclosed injury) and goaltender Tomas Vokoun. Vokoun is out until at least January while he recovers from a blood clot.
Pittsburgh forward Brandon Sutter did not practice on Tuesday. His status for Wednesday's game against Boston is unclear.
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 58 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 23 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 43 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Dead body found during Easter egg hunt 18 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
23 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos