Ducks' Selanne out 2 weeks after stick to face
Anaheim Ducks forward Teemu Selanne is expected to miss two weeks after taking a high stick in the face in Anaheim's 3-2 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday night.
Flyers defenseman Luke Schenn caught the 21-year veteran in the face in the third period, sending Selanne down on the corner ice. Selanne skated off on his own power and headed straight to the locker room.
On Wednesday the Ducks used Twitter to provide updates on Selanne.
Selanne suffered damage to his upper mouth by an errant stick last night in Philly, including several missing teeth and 40 stitches.— Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) October 30, 2013
The Ducks, who are on an East Coast road trip, sent Selanne (three goals, four assists) back to California to have oral surgery.
The Ducks (10-3-0) hope Selanne can return soon.
"He's a great athlete and a great person, just great to have around," defenseman Hampus Lindholm said after Tuesday's game.
The 43-year-old Finnish Flash is in his final NHL season.
Anaheim is 3-2 with three straight victories on its trip, which continues Thursday in Boston.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos