Ovechkin skips practice with upper-body injury
Alex Ovechkin is nursing an upper-body injury.
ARLINGTON, Va. -- Alex Ovechkin is nursing an upper-body injury.
The Washington Capitals forward missed practice Wednesday after the team returned from a West Coast road trip.
Coach Adam Oates says he thinks Ovechkin was hurt in the first period of Monday's loss to Vancouver. Ovechkin remained in the game.
Oates says Ovechkin is feeling "sore" but declined to elaborate on the nature of the injury, other than to say it is not a concussion.
Oates says it's too early to say whether Ovechkin will play in the next game, Friday at Philadelphia.
Ovechkin has 10 goals, second in the league through Tuesday's games.
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos