Sabres forward Scott suspended 7 games
Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott was suspended for seven games without pay by the NHL on Thursday for his illegal check to Boston forward Loui Eriksson's head.
Scott received a match penalty for the hit in the Sabres' 5-2 home loss Oct. 23.
Scott skated in from Eriksson's right and leveled him with a shoulder to the face. Eriksson sustained a concussion and is sidelined indefinitely.
The suspension will cost Scott $26,923. He has served three games of the suspension while awaiting an in-person hearing.
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 38 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 46 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 49 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
42 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos