Ovechkin ready to return after 2 games out
Alex Ovechkin says he's "able to play" after missing two games with an upper-body injury.
ARLINGTON, Va. -- Alex Ovechkin says he's "able to play" after missing two games with an upper-body injury.
Coach Adam Oates was more cautious, saying the three-time league MVP will be a game-time decision.
Ovechkin was hurt a week ago, when he crashed headfirst into the goalie and net in the first period of a loss at Vancouver.
The Capitals have won both games while Ovechkin has been sidelined. On Monday he joked: "They don't need me."
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos