Eriksson returns to Bruins after head injury
Bruins forward Loui Eriksson returned to the lineup Tuesday night against his former team, the Dallas Stars, after missing five games due to a concussion.
Eriksson played 20 minutes, 17 seconds and missed his shootout attempt as Boston lost 3-2.
Bruins coach Claude Julien made the announcement about Eriksson's return after the team's morning skate. Julien also said defenseman Johnny Boychuk (back) likely would return after missing one game. Boychuk saw 24:14 of ice time.
Eriksson, who went from Dallas to Boston in the deal that sent Tyler Seguin to the Stars, suffered the concussion Oct. 23 when he was on the receiving end of a blindside hit by the Buffalo Sabres' John Scott, who is serving a seven-game suspension for the hit. Eriksson returned to practice Monday and skated with Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand on Tuesday.
In the first eight games of the regular season, Eriksson had two goals and one assist. At the time of the injury, he said he felt he finally started to find chemistry with Bergeron and Marchand, and he hopes his brief hiatus didn't change that.
Eriksson said he won't hesitate to play his style of game against Dallas knowing he recently had a head injury.
"I don't think I'll think too much about it," he said. "I'm just going to have to do the things I'm good at and not think about what happened the last game I played. Those things happen. It's not fun when it happened and I'm just happy I'm feeling good right now. It's been a good recovery."
Boychuk suffered a back injury during last Thursday's game against the Anaheim Ducks that resulted in him not being able to put pressure on his right foot.
"Today it felt normal," Boychuk said after Tuesday's skate.
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 23 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 18 min ago
- Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
18 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos