Red Wings place forward Eaves on waivers
The Detroit Red Wings have placed Patrick Eaves on waivers.
The move was made Thursday, giving other teams a day to claim the 29-year-old forward.
Detroit coach Mike Babcock says the Red Wings hope Eaves gets a chance to play regularly for another team. Babcock says there's nothing wrong with Eaves on or off the ice, adding that he does everything right.
Eaves played in just three of the Red Wings' 19 games this season. Detroit signed him to $3.6 million, three-year contract in 2011 after giving him one-year deals in 2009 and 2010.
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 4 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 13 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 50 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 16 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos