Red Wings place forward Eaves on waivers
The Detroit Red Wings have placed Patrick Eaves on waivers.
The move was made Thursday, giving other teams a day to claim the 29-year-old forward.
Detroit coach Mike Babcock says the Red Wings hope Eaves gets a chance to play regularly for another team. Babcock says there's nothing wrong with Eaves on or off the ice, adding that he does everything right.
Eaves played in just three of the Red Wings' 19 games this season. Detroit signed him to $3.6 million, three-year contract in 2011 after giving him one-year deals in 2009 and 2010.
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 17 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 44 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos