Kadri suspended 3 games for hit on Backstrom
Toronto Maple Leafs center Nazem Kadri was suspended for three games without pay by the NHL on Thursday for a hit to Minnesota goalie Niklas Backstrom's head.
Kadri received a minor penalty for goaltender interference on the first-period play Wednesday night in the Maple Leafs' 2-1 shootout loss at Minnesota. Backstrom left the game a few minutes later.
Kadri received a match penalty in the third period for hitting Mikael Granlund in the head
The suspension will cost Kadri $44,615. He has five goals and nine assists in 18 games this season.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos