Kadri suspended 3 games for hit on Backstrom
Toronto Maple Leafs center Nazem Kadri was suspended for three games without pay by the NHL on Thursday for a hit to Minnesota goalie Niklas Backstrom's head.
Kadri received a minor penalty for goaltender interference on the first-period play Wednesday night in the Maple Leafs' 2-1 shootout loss at Minnesota. Backstrom left the game a few minutes later.
Kadri received a match penalty in the third period for hitting Mikael Granlund in the head
The suspension will cost Kadri $44,615. He has five goals and nine assists in 18 games this season.
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 3 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos