Avs' Duchene (oblique) out at least a week
The Colorado Avalanche will be without forward Matt Duchene for at least a week with an oblique injury.
Duchene was hurt in the third period against Florida on Saturday. He is the team's leading scorer with 12 goals and eight assists.
Colorado coach Patrick Roy said after practice on Monday that "when you lose Duchene and Tanguay, it creates a hole. You don't replace guys like this. At the same time, it's an opportunity for others."
The Avalanche have cooled off since a franchise-best 14-2 start. They've dropped three straight heading into a game against the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ