Keselowski won't fight in-car cellphone ban
Don't look for Brad Keselowski to challenge NASCAR's authority and carry a cellphone in his car on Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- Don't look for Brad Keselowski to challenge NASCAR's authority and carry a cellphone in his car on Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
"I will say probably not," Keselowski said during Thursday's champion news conference at the 1.5-mile track that will host the season finale.
NASCAR fined Keselowski $25,000 on Monday for having a cellphone in his car and taking pictures during a red flag stoppage late in last week's race at Phoenix International.
The governing body said drivers were told they could not carry cellphones or any other computer-like devices in the car after Keselowski picked up more than 100,000 Twitter followers during the Daytona 500 in February.
Keselowski tweeted pictures during a red flag stoppage after Juan Pablo Montoya ran into a jet dryer.
Asked if he thought it was hypocritical to be fined after his Daytona phone usage got NASCAR so much publicity, Keselowski said, "It doesn't matter whether it is, it exists and I have to work around it."
Asked whether he had been warned by NASCAR before Phoenix, Keselowski said, "I'd rather stay out of that line (of questioning)."
But when asked what the fine meant to the future of social media in NASCAR, Keselowski said, "It means you can still be involved in social media. NASCAR has drawn the line as what you can do in the car."
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos