Furniture Row Racing rearranges pit crew plans
Furniture Row Racing will field its own pit crew next season.MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- Furniture Row Racing will field its own pit crew next season.
The single-car team had previously been using pit crews from other organizations, most recently a crew from Stewart-Haas Racing.
But Furniture Row general manager Joe Garone said Tuesday forming its own crew is critical to growing the team.
The crew will train out of Performance Instruction & Training under veteran pit crew coach Mike Houston. He was a front-tire carrier for Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Hendrick Motorsport and is a former college football player.
Furniture Row goes into next season with Kurt Busch as driver and Todd Berrier as crew chief.
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 3 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos