Furniture Row Racing rearranges pit crew plans
Furniture Row Racing will field its own pit crew next season.MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- Furniture Row Racing will field its own pit crew next season.
The single-car team had previously been using pit crews from other organizations, most recently a crew from Stewart-Haas Racing.
But Furniture Row general manager Joe Garone said Tuesday forming its own crew is critical to growing the team.
The crew will train out of Performance Instruction & Training under veteran pit crew coach Mike Houston. He was a front-tire carrier for Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Hendrick Motorsport and is a former college football player.
Furniture Row goes into next season with Kurt Busch as driver and Todd Berrier as crew chief.
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 36 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 4 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos