Furniture Row Racing rearranges pit crew plans
Furniture Row Racing will field its own pit crew next season.MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- Furniture Row Racing will field its own pit crew next season.
The single-car team had previously been using pit crews from other organizations, most recently a crew from Stewart-Haas Racing.
But Furniture Row general manager Joe Garone said Tuesday forming its own crew is critical to growing the team.
The crew will train out of Performance Instruction & Training under veteran pit crew coach Mike Houston. He was a front-tire carrier for Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Hendrick Motorsport and is a former college football player.
Furniture Row goes into next season with Kurt Busch as driver and Todd Berrier as crew chief.
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 44 min ago
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect 54 min ago
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Video: Caught on tape: Huge tornado in Kansas 50 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
44 min ago
- Caught on tape: Huge tornado in Kansas
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos