Sauter loses Truck lead with points penalty
Johnny Sauter lost the lead in the Truck Series standings Wednesday when NASCAR docked him 25 points for a modified fuel cell found during inspection last weekend at Kansas Speedway.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Johnny Sauter lost the lead in the Truck Series standings Wednesday when NASCAR docked him 25 points for a modified fuel cell found during inspection last weekend at Kansas Speedway.
Sauter's crew chief, Joe Shear, was fined $10,000, suspended for the next four races and placed on probation until Dec. 31.
The fuel cell was confiscated during the opening day of inspection at Kansas. According to NASCAR's release, there was an unapproved modification to the fuel cell safety foam.
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 54 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 22 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos