Sauter loses Truck lead with points penalty
Johnny Sauter lost the lead in the Truck Series standings Wednesday when NASCAR docked him 25 points for a modified fuel cell found during inspection last weekend at Kansas Speedway.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Johnny Sauter lost the lead in the Truck Series standings Wednesday when NASCAR docked him 25 points for a modified fuel cell found during inspection last weekend at Kansas Speedway.
Sauter's crew chief, Joe Shear, was fined $10,000, suspended for the next four races and placed on probation until Dec. 31.
The fuel cell was confiscated during the opening day of inspection at Kansas. According to NASCAR's release, there was an unapproved modification to the fuel cell safety foam.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos