Bravo lifts Sporting KC to 1-1 draw with Union
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) - September 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Omar Bravo scored his team-leading ninth goal of the season, and Sporting Kansas City moved back into the MLS' Eastern Conference lead with a 1-1 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Friday night.
Sporting (10-9-11) and Columbus, which hosts Los Angeles on Saturday night, each have 41 points. Kansas City leads the Crew on goal differential, with plus-6 to Columbus' minus-2.
Sebastien Le Toux scored a second-half equalizer for Philadelphia (9-7-13), which moved into third place in the East with 40 points.
Sporting struggled to create opportunities against Philadelphia's packed-in defense through a scoreless first half. But in the 56th minute, Bravo cut in from the right side to take Kei Kamara's long cross from the left wing and bury a right-footed shot in the top of the net from point-blank range.
Kansas City's lead lasted only until the 63rd minute. Philadelphia's Michael Farfan won a loose ball from Sporting's Seth Sinovic at the end line and passed back to Le Toux, who scored with his left foot from 6 yards.
(Copyright 2011 Philadelphia Union. Reprinted by permission)
philadelphia union, soccer
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes 23 min ago
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
43 min ago
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
23 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos