Angel's late goal lifts Chivas to draw with Union
CARSON, Calif. (AP) - October 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- Juan Pablo Angel's goal in the 90th minute lifted Chivas USA to a 1-1 draw with the Philadelphia Union on Sunday.
The Union (10-7-14) took the lead in the 59th minute when Justin Mapp found space in the Chivas midfield and fired a shot from the edge of the box that was too much for goalkeeper Dan Kennedy.
After pressuring Philadelphia at the end of the match, Chivas got the tying score when Mike Lahoud connected with Angel, who was able to head the ball into the net. It was Angel's seventh goal in seven games with Chivas.
The Union moved into second place in the Eastern Conference while Chivas USA got to four points behind the New York Red Bulls for the final playoff berth.
(Copyright 2011 Philadelphia Union. Reprinted by permission)
philadelphia union, soccer
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 10 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 2 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
2 min ago
- Suspicious package found outside Planet...
10 min ago