Union clinch playoff spot
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) - October 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Sebastien Le Toux scored in the 43rd minute to lead Philadelphia to a 1-1 draw against Toronto FC on Saturday, good enough to clinch the Union's first playoff berth.
Le Toux scored his team-best 11th goal after receiving a crisp open pass from Justin Mapp, and the Union extended their unbeaten streak to eight games (3-0-5).
Ryan Johnson scored for Toronto FC (6-13-14) in the 57th minute. Toronto FC dropped to 1-9-7 on the road.
The match was played before a crowd of 19,178, tying a PPL Park record.
All-Star goalkeeper Faryd Mondragon returned for Philadelphia (11-7-15). Mondragon broke his right ring finger at Real Salt Lake on Sept. 3.
(Copyright 2011 Philadelphia Union. Reprinted by permission)
philadelphia union, soccer
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more