Union Trade Sebastien Le Toux to Vancouver
Chester, Pa. (January 30, 2012) (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Union today announced that the club has traded forward Sebastien Le Toux to the Vancouver Whitecaps FC in exchange for allocation money. Per MLS and club policies, the terms of the trade will not be disclosed.
"While this decision wasn't easy, we are confident that the allocation money we receive will provide the flexibility for us to compile the best possible roster for 2012 and beyond," said Team Manager Peter Nowak. "Sebastien has been a valuable member of our team for two years and we thank him for his many contributions to the club."
"We feel that in the best interest of our club these decisions need to be made for our short and long-term benefit," said Union CEO & Operating Partner Nick Sakiewicz. "Although we achieved great success making it to the semifinals of the playoffs last year we are not in any way content with that. We operate in a highly competitive and demanding marketplace and we believe the moves we have made and continue to make improve our roster and give us a better chance to advance past the semifinals. We thank Sebastien for his significant contributions both on and off the field and wish him the best in Vancouver."
Le Toux was selected by the Union in the 2009 MLS Expansion Draft and quickly became the most productive offensive player on the team, scoring 14 goals and recording 11 assists in 2010. For his efforts, Le Toux was voted to the MLS Best XI and was named Philadelphia's first-ever All-Star selection. A back-to-back MLS Individual Fair Play Award winner in 2010 and 2011, Le Toux started every match last season, scoring 11 goals and recording nine assists.
The Union open up the 2012 season on March 12 with a nationally televised game against Portland at 9:30 p.m. EST. The club then returns home to PPL Park on Sunday, March 18 to face the Colorado Rapids at 4:00 p.m.
(Copyright 2011 Philadelphia Union. Reprinted by permission)
philadelphia union, soccer
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Brisk And Cold 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout 15 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 28 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Brisk And Cold
51 min ago