Whitecaps, Union play to scoreless draw
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) - March 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Vancouver's stout defense was sharp once again and the Whitecaps remained unbeaten with a scoreless draw against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
The Whitecaps (2-0-2) haven't allowed a goal in their first four MLS matches, encompassing 360 minutes. The league record for scoreless stretch to open the season is 421 set by the New York Red Bulls in 2007.
Vancouver forward Sebastien Le Toux, Philadelphia's career leader with 25 goals, received a rousing ovation from the crowd when his name was announced during the starting lineups. It was his first game back since he was traded in the offseason.
The Union (0-3-1) picked up their first point this season following three straight losses. Philadelphia, Montreal and Toronto FC are the three remaining winless teams in the league. (Copyright 2011 Philadelphia Union. Reprinted by permission)
philadelphia union, soccer
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 41 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ