Union beats German club FC Schalke 04 2-1
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) - May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Chandler Hoffman scored in the 88th minute to give the Philadelphia Union a 2-1 victory over German club FC Schalke 04 on Wednesday night in an exhibition game.
Lionard Pajoy also scored for Philadelphia in the 21st minute, and Sergio Escudero tied it in the 41st minute in Schalke's first game in the United States since 1963.
Philadelphia improved to 4-0 in international exhibition games at PPL Park following 1-0 victories over Celtic FC, Chivas de Guadalajara and Everton.
The game might have been the last for Schalke midfielder Raul. The Spanish star officially wrapped up his Schalke career Saturday. The former Real Madrid striker spent two years in Gelsenkirchen, and has said he might play next year in Europe or possibly MLS.
Schalke recently finished third place in the German Bundesliga, earning an automatic spot next year in the Champions League group phase.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 55 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
12 min ago