Philadelphia Union trade Danny Mwanga
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Portland Timbers have announced that they've acquired forward Danny Mwanga from the Philadelphia Union in exchange for forward Jorge Perlaza.
Mwanga, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 MLS Super Draft, is a local favorite, having played at Portland's Jefferson High School before going to Oregon State. He played as a youngster for the Timbers Alliance club, the Westside Timbers.
Mwanga, a native of the Congo, has 12 goals and nine assists over three seasons and 63 appearances for the Union.
Perlaza, who is from Columbia, joined the Timbers in their inaugural MLS season and has six goals and two assists in 41 appearances.
(Copyright 2011 Philadelphia Union. Reprinted by permission)
philadelphia union, soccer
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 25 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region 40 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad 35 min ago
- Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
35 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
40 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
25 min ago