McInerney scores 2 goals as Union beats KC 4-0
CHESTER, Pa. - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jack McInerney scored twice and the Philadelphia Union beat Sporting Kansas City 4-0 Saturday night to snap a six-game winless skid.
Lionard Pajoy converted a penalty kick in the 81st minute after Antoine Hoppenot was fouled in the box and Hoppenot also had a goal in the 87th minute for the Union (3-8-2). Philadelphia, 0-5-1 in its previous six, won for the first time since beating Chivas USA 1-0 on April 21.
Philadelphia entered the game having scored a league-low eight goals. However, McInerney got the Union on the board early with a goal in the second minute. He added his second in the 43rd minute.
Kansas City (9-4-2) snapped its four-game unbeaten streak.
(Copyright 2011 Philadelphia Union. Reprinted by permission)
philadelphia union, soccer
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 57 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Boy hospitalized after Mayfair near drowning 7 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 25 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos