McInerney scores 2 goals as Union beats KC 4-0
CHESTER, Pa. - June 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jack McInerney scored twice and the Philadelphia Union beat Sporting Kansas City 4-0 Saturday night to snap a six-game winless skid.
Lionard Pajoy converted a penalty kick in the 81st minute after Antoine Hoppenot was fouled in the box and Hoppenot also had a goal in the 87th minute for the Union (3-8-2). Philadelphia, 0-5-1 in its previous six, won for the first time since beating Chivas USA 1-0 on April 21.
Philadelphia entered the game having scored a league-low eight goals. However, McInerney got the Union on the board early with a goal in the second minute. He added his second in the 43rd minute.
Kansas City (9-4-2) snapped its four-game unbeaten streak.
(Copyright 2011 Philadelphia Union. Reprinted by permission)
philadelphia union, soccer
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 7 min ago
- Turning Milder 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 28 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
7 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
28 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
46 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
34 min ago