Cooper scores twice, Red Bulls beat Union 2-0
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) - July 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Kenny Cooper headed in two goals, scoring for the first time since May 23, to lead the New York Red Bulls to a 2-0 victory over the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
The Red Bulls (11-5-5) remain undefeated at home this season, improving to 7-0-3. New York is the lone MLS team without a loss at home.
Cooper, who did not start Wednesday's game against Chicago, scored off a pass from rookie Connor Lade in the 43rd minute, then added another header off a fine feed from Thierry Henry in the 58th minute. Cooper has 13 goals this season, four behind San Jose's Chris Wondolowski for the MLS lead.
Lade had two assists.
It was the second straight shutout victory for Bill Gaudette, who made two saves in place of injured starter Ryan Meara. Gaudette has started three straight games with two wins and a tie.
philadelphia union, soccer
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 26 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 35 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 53 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos