Union, Real Salt Lake play to scoreless draw
CHESTER, Pa. - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Real Salt Lake picked up one point following a 0-0 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Friday night.
RSL improved to 13-10-4 and moved just four points behind the San Jose Earthquakes for first place in the Western Conference.
RSL entered the game with a 0-3-0 record in league games this month. It also had lost four consecutive road games dating to a 3-0 victory June 16 at Chivas USA.
But RSL improved to 2-0-3 all-time against the Union. All three draws have been on the road.
The Union's winless streak reached four and this was their second straight draw. Philadelphia hasn't won since a 2-1 victory July 29 over the New England Revolution.
Philadelphia played without starting defender Sheanon Williams, who was sitting out due to yellow card accumulation.
The Union fell to 7-12-4 and remained in eighth place in the Eastern Conference.
philadelphia union, soccer
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 2 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem 44 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester 31 min ago
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 37 min ago
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor