Union, Real Salt Lake play to scoreless draw
CHESTER, Pa. - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Real Salt Lake picked up one point following a 0-0 draw against the Philadelphia Union on Friday night.
RSL improved to 13-10-4 and moved just four points behind the San Jose Earthquakes for first place in the Western Conference.
RSL entered the game with a 0-3-0 record in league games this month. It also had lost four consecutive road games dating to a 3-0 victory June 16 at Chivas USA.
But RSL improved to 2-0-3 all-time against the Union. All three draws have been on the road.
The Union's winless streak reached four and this was their second straight draw. Philadelphia hasn't won since a 2-1 victory July 29 over the New England Revolution.
Philadelphia played without starting defender Sheanon Williams, who was sitting out due to yellow card accumulation.
The Union fell to 7-12-4 and remained in eighth place in the Eastern Conference.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 18 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 13 min ago
- Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
13 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos