Revolution draw with Union 0-0
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - September 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Matt Reis had seven saves to help New England play to a scoreless draw with the Philadelphia Union on Saturday night, extending the Revolution's winless streak to a franchise-record 10 games.
New England (6-14-7) has not won since beating New York on July 8, going 0-7-3 since to drop from sixth to ninth in the standings. The Revolution were also shut out for the 10th time, tying the franchise record set last year.
Zac MacMath made three saves for the Union (7-13-4).
Before the game, New England announced leading scorer Saer Sene will miss the rest of the season due to a torn ACL, an injury sustained during Wednesday's match against Chivas USA.
After scoring six first-half goals in their previous three games, the Revolution failed get their first shot until a header by defender Stephen McCarthy in the 61st minute.
The Union didn't do much with the few chances they were afforded, either, as their best chance came from a Amobi Okugo's header in the 43rd minute that bounced off the bar.
Kelyn Rowe had a chance for New England in the 63rd minute after he went down the right side and attempted to cross it into the area before MacMath went to the ground to smother it. In the 66th, Kevin Alston managed to find the first Revolution shot on the target when he lofted a mild effort that fell right to MacMath.
New England found its best chance to score in the 85th minute when Rowe redirected a deflected shot that MacMath walled up at the far post.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Upper Providence police investigate 2 bank robberies 9 min ago
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load