Revolution draw with Union 0-0
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - September 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Matt Reis had seven saves to help New England play to a scoreless draw with the Philadelphia Union on Saturday night, extending the Revolution's winless streak to a franchise-record 10 games.
New England (6-14-7) has not won since beating New York on July 8, going 0-7-3 since to drop from sixth to ninth in the standings. The Revolution were also shut out for the 10th time, tying the franchise record set last year.
Zac MacMath made three saves for the Union (7-13-4).
Before the game, New England announced leading scorer Saer Sene will miss the rest of the season due to a torn ACL, an injury sustained during Wednesday's match against Chivas USA.
After scoring six first-half goals in their previous three games, the Revolution failed get their first shot until a header by defender Stephen McCarthy in the 61st minute.
The Union didn't do much with the few chances they were afforded, either, as their best chance came from a Amobi Okugo's header in the 43rd minute that bounced off the bar.
Kelyn Rowe had a chance for New England in the 63rd minute after he went down the right side and attempted to cross it into the area before MacMath went to the ground to smother it. In the 66th, Kevin Alston managed to find the first Revolution shot on the target when he lofted a mild effort that fell right to MacMath.
New England found its best chance to score in the 85th minute when Rowe redirected a deflected shot that MacMath walled up at the far post.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 48 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 25 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
48 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
43 min ago