Mirosevic lifts Crew in 3-2 win over Union
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Milovan Mirosevic scored the tiebreaking goal in the 87th minute to lift the Columbus Crew to a 3-2 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday night, eliminating the Union from playoff contention.
Jairo Arrieta scored twice for the Crew (14-11-6).
Danny Cruz scored on a penalty kick in the 65th minute and Jack McInerney tied it in the 86th for the Union (8-15-6), just before the Crew went back ahead.
Arrieta put Columbus ahead in the 44th minute off a service from the right side by Sebastian Miranda.
He added the second in the fifth minute of first-half stoppage time following a goal kick by goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum, who had his first career assist.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 13 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 9 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 9 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
13 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
9 min ago