Revolution beat Union 2-0
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - April 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Diego Fagundez ended New England's scoreless streak at 539 minutes and the Revolution beat the Philadelphia Union 2-0 on Saturday night.
New England (2-3-2) scored a goal in its season opener, but did not put the ball in the net in five-plus matches thereafter, having been credited with an "own goal" last week in a match last week at New York.
The 18-year old Fagundez gave the Revolution into the lead in the 61st minute, finishing off an exchange of well-executed passes from Lee Nguyen to Kelyn Rowe.
Nguyen made it 2-0 in the 71st minute, initiating the sequence with a run into the penalty box, and finishing off a rebound of a shot taken by Saer Sene.
philadelphia union, soccer
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 52 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 3 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 14 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 24 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 11 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 10 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 27 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 1 min ago