Rosales' equalizer gives Sounders 2-2 tie at Union
CHESTER, Pa. - May 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Mauro Rosales scored a goal in the 64th minute to give the Seattle Sounders a 2-2 draw on the road against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Danny Cruz scored twice for the Union (3-3-3), who remained undefeated at home, but probably expected better against the Sounders.
After Rosales got the equalizer for Seattle (1-3-3), the match got chippy. Seattle's Lamar Neagle and Philadelphia's Sheanon Williams were shown red cards in the 85th minute following a scuffle. Five minutes later, Seattle's DeAndre Yedlin was sent off at the beginning of stoppage time, reducing the Sounders to nine men.
All three players will miss their next match.
Eddie Johnson also scored for Seattle after missing the previous two matches with a hamstring injury.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)