Rosales' equalizer gives Sounders 2-2 tie at Union
CHESTER, Pa. - May 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Mauro Rosales scored a goal in the 64th minute to give the Seattle Sounders a 2-2 draw on the road against the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
Danny Cruz scored twice for the Union (3-3-3), who remained undefeated at home, but probably expected better against the Sounders.
After Rosales got the equalizer for Seattle (1-3-3), the match got chippy. Seattle's Lamar Neagle and Philadelphia's Sheanon Williams were shown red cards in the 85th minute following a scuffle. Five minutes later, Seattle's DeAndre Yedlin was sent off at the beginning of stoppage time, reducing the Sounders to nine men.
All three players will miss their next match.
Eddie Johnson also scored for Seattle after missing the previous two matches with a hamstring injury.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 48 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!