Chicago Fire acquire D Soumare from Philadelphia Union
CHICAGO - May 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Chicago Fire acquired defender Bakary Soumare from the Philadelphia Union on Thursday for a second round-pick in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft and allocation money.
This will be the second stint with the Fire for Soumare, who is expected to be available Saturday at Real Salt Lake.
He was chosen with the second overall pick in the 2007 SuperDraft and spent three seasons with the Fire before transferring to French First Division team Boulogne in August 2009.
In January 2012, he was loaned to German club Karlsruher SC, and he signed with the Union on June 26, 2012 after they traded with the Vancouver Whitecaps FC to move up in the MLS Allocation order.
Soumare started all four matches he appeared in for Philadelphia.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs