Clark lifts Dynamo to 1-0 win over Union
HOUSTON - July 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ricardo Clark scored in the 59th minute and the Houston Dynamo snapped a seven-game winless streak with a 1-0 win over the Philadelphia Union on Saturday night.
Houston (7-6-5) had not won since beating D.C. United 4-0 on May 8. Philadelphia (7-6-6) saw its five-game unbeaten streak snapped, dropping its first game since losing 5-3 at Montreal on May 25.
Clark's goal also put an end to Houston's franchise record 388-minute scoreless streak when he headed in Jermaine Taylor's cross from the left sideline from 8 yards out.
Houston had not scored since Warren Creavalle's goal at Columbus on June 1.
Philadelphia's best chance came before halftime when Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall stopped Aaron Wheeler's shot from the left box and Conor Casey's rebound attempt went high.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 48 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion