Clark lifts Dynamo to 1-0 win over Union
HOUSTON - July 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ricardo Clark scored in the 59th minute and the Houston Dynamo snapped a seven-game winless streak with a 1-0 win over the Philadelphia Union on Saturday night.
Houston (7-6-5) had not won since beating D.C. United 4-0 on May 8. Philadelphia (7-6-6) saw its five-game unbeaten streak snapped, dropping its first game since losing 5-3 at Montreal on May 25.
Clark's goal also put an end to Houston's franchise record 388-minute scoreless streak when he headed in Jermaine Taylor's cross from the left sideline from 8 yards out.
Houston had not scored since Warren Creavalle's goal at Columbus on June 1.
Philadelphia's best chance came before halftime when Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall stopped Aaron Wheeler's shot from the left box and Conor Casey's rebound attempt went high.
philadelphia union, soccer
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 43 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?