Clark lifts Dynamo to 1-0 win over Union
HOUSTON - July 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ricardo Clark scored in the 59th minute and the Houston Dynamo snapped a seven-game winless streak with a 1-0 win over the Philadelphia Union on Saturday night.
Houston (7-6-5) had not won since beating D.C. United 4-0 on May 8. Philadelphia (7-6-6) saw its five-game unbeaten streak snapped, dropping its first game since losing 5-3 at Montreal on May 25.
Clark's goal also put an end to Houston's franchise record 388-minute scoreless streak when he headed in Jermaine Taylor's cross from the left sideline from 8 yards out.
Houston had not scored since Warren Creavalle's goal at Columbus on June 1.
Philadelphia's best chance came before halftime when Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall stopped Aaron Wheeler's shot from the left box and Conor Casey's rebound attempt went high.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash