Fire edge Union 2-1
CHESTER, Pa. - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Mike Magee scored his league-leading 14th goal in the 75th minute to lift the Chicago Fire over the Philadelphia Union 2-1 on Saturday.
Magee scored a goal in his third straight game and has eight goals in 10 games since coming to the Fire from the L.A. Galaxy.
Patrick Nyarko also added a goal and an assist for the Fire, who improved to 8-9-4.
Chicago is 2-0-1 in its past three games and got even for two previous losses to the Union this season.
Nyarko's goal in the ninth minute gave the Fire a 1-0 lead.
Sheanon Williams tied the game at 1 in the 60th minute when he finished a cross off a free kick by Sebastien Le Toux. It was Le Toux's league-best 10th assist.
The Union had been 2-0-1 in their previous three games. They fell to 5-3-4 at home and 9-7-7 overall.
Chicago improved to 4-5-1 against the Union.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 58 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 18 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 37 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
59 min ago