Fire edge Union 2-1
CHESTER, Pa. - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Mike Magee scored his league-leading 14th goal in the 75th minute to lift the Chicago Fire over the Philadelphia Union 2-1 on Saturday.
Magee scored a goal in his third straight game and has eight goals in 10 games since coming to the Fire from the L.A. Galaxy.
Patrick Nyarko also added a goal and an assist for the Fire, who improved to 8-9-4.
Chicago is 2-0-1 in its past three games and got even for two previous losses to the Union this season.
Nyarko's goal in the ninth minute gave the Fire a 1-0 lead.
Sheanon Williams tied the game at 1 in the 60th minute when he finished a cross off a free kick by Sebastien Le Toux. It was Le Toux's league-best 10th assist.
The Union had been 2-0-1 in their previous three games. They fell to 5-3-4 at home and 9-7-7 overall.
Chicago improved to 4-5-1 against the Union.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 48 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 54 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix 20 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
46 min ago