Casey has 2 to lead Union to 2-0 win over United
CHESTER, Pa. - August 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Conor Casey scored his eighth and ninth goals of the season to lead the Philadelphia Union to a 2-0 victory over D.C. United on Saturday night.
Casey scored in the 35th minute, with Sebastien Le Toux picking up his league-best 11th assist, and in the 75th. He trails Jack McInerney by one goal for the team lead.
The Union (10-7-7) improved to 3-1-1 in their last five games. Philadelphia goalkeeper Zac MacMath earned his eighth shutout of the season.
D.C. United have dropped three of their last four and fell to a league-worst 3-16-4 overall and 0-8-3 on the road. They're the only club without at least one road victory.
Philadelphia is 4-3-2 against D.C. United overall and 2-0-0 this season.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ