Casey has 2 to lead Union to 2-0 win over United
CHESTER, Pa. - August 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Conor Casey scored his eighth and ninth goals of the season to lead the Philadelphia Union to a 2-0 victory over D.C. United on Saturday night.
Casey scored in the 35th minute, with Sebastien Le Toux picking up his league-best 11th assist, and in the 75th. He trails Jack McInerney by one goal for the team lead.
The Union (10-7-7) improved to 3-1-1 in their last five games. Philadelphia goalkeeper Zac MacMath earned his eighth shutout of the season.
D.C. United have dropped three of their last four and fell to a league-worst 3-16-4 overall and 0-8-3 on the road. They're the only club without at least one road victory.
Philadelphia is 4-3-2 against D.C. United overall and 2-0-0 this season.
philadelphia union, soccer
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes 56 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Tracking Weekend Storm
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos