Clark scores in 53rd to lift Dynamo past Union
CHESTER, Pa. - September 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ricardo Clark scored in the 53rd minute to lift the Houston Dynamo to a 1-0 win over the Philadelphia Union on Saturday night.
The Dynamo (11-10-7) snapped a four-game winless streak and moved past Union (10-10-9) in the Eastern Conference playoff picture. Philadelphia extended its winless streak to five matches, scoring just once in that stretch.
Clark flicked a header off a free kick from Brad Davis for his third goal of the season. Tally Hall got his seventh shutout of the season without having to make a save.
The Union had a goal nullified in the 30th minute when Amobi Okugo was called for being offsides.
Philadelphia leading scorer Jack McInerney entered as a substitute for Danny Cruz in the 61st minute but went scoreless for his 12th consecutive game.
Dynamo manager Dominic Kinnear and midfielder Boniek Garcia both missed the game while serving suspensions.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 58 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 53 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 46 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
20 min ago