Clark scores in 53rd to lift Dynamo past Union
CHESTER, Pa. - September 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ricardo Clark scored in the 53rd minute to lift the Houston Dynamo to a 1-0 win over the Philadelphia Union on Saturday night.
The Dynamo (11-10-7) snapped a four-game winless streak and moved past Union (10-10-9) in the Eastern Conference playoff picture. Philadelphia extended its winless streak to five matches, scoring just once in that stretch.
Clark flicked a header off a free kick from Brad Davis for his third goal of the season. Tally Hall got his seventh shutout of the season without having to make a save.
The Union had a goal nullified in the 30th minute when Amobi Okugo was called for being offsides.
Philadelphia leading scorer Jack McInerney entered as a substitute for Danny Cruz in the 61st minute but went scoreless for his 12th consecutive game.
Dynamo manager Dominic Kinnear and midfielder Boniek Garcia both missed the game while serving suspensions.
philadelphia union, soccer
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation 11 min ago
- Teen shot in Wilmington 48 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition