Impact beat Union 2-1 to solidify playoff spot
MONTREAL - October 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Marco Di Vaio scored his 20th goal of the season, defender Karl Ouimette headed in his first career goal and the Montreal Impact took a big step toward making the MLS playoffs with a 2-1 victory over the Philadelphia Union on Saturday.
The Impact (14-12-7), who ended a six-game winless run, are solidly in playoff position going into their final regular-season game in Toronto.
Fabinho scored in the first half for Philadelphia (12-11-10), who began the day in a three-way tie with Montreal and Chicago for fourth place in the Eastern Conference.
Di Vaio became the 11th player in MLS history to score 20 goals in a season.
philadelphia union, soccer
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 54 min ago
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 56 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 55 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
54 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
56 min ago