The Murder of Jerome Boyer
Crescentville: January 18, 2008 (WPVI) -- A heavyweight boxing title was the future goal for one local father. But on his way home one night a tragic encounter would shatter his family.
"Jerome was a good hearted, tender hearted guy," said his mother, Joann Hardy.
35-year-old Jerome Boyer was young at heart.
"He loved to box and he loved to play video games," said his brother Darien Hardy.
Jerome was a welder with a wife and two young sons. In his spare time he was training for his dream of becoming a boxing champion.
"He was getting in shape. He was working out everyday he was being consistent," Darien explained.
Jerome had a fight on Friday night August 3rd. When he returned to his house, in the 58-hundred block of Colgate Street in the city's Crescentville section, police say he was approached by a man. There was an argument and then the man shot Jerome seven times.
"Police officer told me he didn't make it. Every single day that moment plays over and over in my mind," Darien said.
Police believe Jerome struggled with his killer because his gym bag had popped open and was lying next to him.
"They took a special person away they took someone's father away from them," said Valerie Boyer, Jerome's wife.
Jerome's family has put together a three thousand dollar reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
"Please please if you know anything it's an anonymous tip tell us we just want to know," said Joann.
crimefighters, take action, rick williams
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 12 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 59 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 7 min ago
- Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
7 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos