The Murder of Jerome Boyer
Crescentville: January 18, 2008 (WPVI) -- A heavyweight boxing title was the future goal for one local father. But on his way home one night a tragic encounter would shatter his family.
"Jerome was a good hearted, tender hearted guy," said his mother, Joann Hardy.
35-year-old Jerome Boyer was young at heart.
"He loved to box and he loved to play video games," said his brother Darien Hardy.
Jerome was a welder with a wife and two young sons. In his spare time he was training for his dream of becoming a boxing champion.
"He was getting in shape. He was working out everyday he was being consistent," Darien explained.
Jerome had a fight on Friday night August 3rd. When he returned to his house, in the 58-hundred block of Colgate Street in the city's Crescentville section, police say he was approached by a man. There was an argument and then the man shot Jerome seven times.
"Police officer told me he didn't make it. Every single day that moment plays over and over in my mind," Darien said.
Police believe Jerome struggled with his killer because his gym bag had popped open and was lying next to him.
"They took a special person away they took someone's father away from them," said Valerie Boyer, Jerome's wife.
Jerome's family has put together a three thousand dollar reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
"Please please if you know anything it's an anonymous tip tell us we just want to know," said Joann.
crimefighters, take action, rick williams
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware 55 min ago
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 5 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
25 min ago