The Murder of Gary Jenkins
Sharon Hill, Pa.; February 15, 2008 (WPVI) -- A call to check on the well-being of a co-worker turns into a murder investigation.
One of the prides of Gary Jenkins' life was his job at CAPP/USA in Clifton Heights, Delaware County. He spent 27 years with the company working his way up from entry level to head of his department.
The 47-year-old mostly kept to himself that's why his boss said the events of Monday May 7th are so perplexing.
"I knew him to have no enemies," said James Caplan, President of CAPP/USA.
Gary was expected back at work following a week's vacation. When he didn't show up his boss got worried.
"We haven't heard from him and he doesn't answer his cell phone."
Police went to his home in the 100 block of Reese Street in Sharon Hill just after 12:30 in the afternoon. There they found a grisly scene.
"It's absolutely shocking," James said.
Gary's body was in the hallway on the second floor, wrapped in a comforter. He had suffered blunt force trauma to his head and multiple stab wounds.
"I can't imagine somebody like Gary making somebody mean enough to kill him the way he was killed."
Police said the front door was locked but the back sliding glass door wasn't. Detectives believe Gary knew his killer and let the person into his home.
CAPP/USA has put up a 25-hundred dollar reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
"We just feel we owe it to Gary."
crimefighters, take action, rick williams
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death 18 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman 36 min ago
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden 46 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 19 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 7 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro