The Murder of Gary Jenkins
Sharon Hill, Pa.; February 15, 2008 (WPVI) -- A call to check on the well-being of a co-worker turns into a murder investigation.
One of the prides of Gary Jenkins' life was his job at CAPP/USA in Clifton Heights, Delaware County. He spent 27 years with the company working his way up from entry level to head of his department.
The 47-year-old mostly kept to himself that's why his boss said the events of Monday May 7th are so perplexing.
"I knew him to have no enemies," said James Caplan, President of CAPP/USA.
Gary was expected back at work following a week's vacation. When he didn't show up his boss got worried.
"We haven't heard from him and he doesn't answer his cell phone."
Police went to his home in the 100 block of Reese Street in Sharon Hill just after 12:30 in the afternoon. There they found a grisly scene.
"It's absolutely shocking," James said.
Gary's body was in the hallway on the second floor, wrapped in a comforter. He had suffered blunt force trauma to his head and multiple stab wounds.
"I can't imagine somebody like Gary making somebody mean enough to kill him the way he was killed."
Police said the front door was locked but the back sliding glass door wasn't. Detectives believe Gary knew his killer and let the person into his home.
CAPP/USA has put up a 25-hundred dollar reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
"We just feel we owe it to Gary."
crimefighters, take action, rick williams
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 36 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
36 min ago