Montco schoolteacher shot
Bala Cynwyd, Pa.: August 2, 2008 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County schoolteacher has a brush with death. Now she's speaking out to find who's responsible.
Sari Kuschner spent the evening of Friday May 16th with a friend at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
She pulled into her driveway on Righters Way in Bala Cynwyd at about 10:30 that night.
"I pulled my car in front of the garage. I went to put up the hood of my raincoat because it was raining," Sari said.
That unconscious act might have saved her life.
"I heard a bang."
A bullet pierced her driver's side window and went through her left wrist.
"Three inches more and it probably could have shot me in the head."
Bleeding heavily, Sari didn't hesitate; she pulled out of her driveway and drove straight to the fire station on Montgomery Avenue.
"Somehow driving with my wounded hand I dialed 911 with the other hand, with my right hand."
She had to wear an extended fixater with four pins through her skin to hold the bones together.
"I can't believe it mentally and physically I'm trying to cope," Sari said.
There's a $10,000 reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
Although she's doing well, Sari still has a long road ahead of her.
"I'm in physical therapy three times a week and I'm trying desperately to get the movement back in my fingers and wrist."
Despite that she's looking forward to teaching again this fall.
crimefighters, take action
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1