Reward raised in EMT student killing - Philadelphia News
December 6, 2008 (WPVI) -- Bria Lomax says her brother Christopher made everyone feel special.
"He had the ability to make, we always say, everyone felt like he was their best friend," Bria said.
The 27-year-old was into art and was studying to be an EMT.
On Saturday, June 21, Christopher and his friends went out to celebrate his birthday.
They stopped at Rumors bar in the 3300 block of Germantown Avenue in North Philadelphia.
While inside a man bumped into Christopher.
His friends say the two exchanged words.
"He asked if the person could say excuse me or you didn't have enough room to get by," Bria said.
About five minutes later, Christopher went outside to smoke a cigarette.
Witnesses say they heard shots and saw two men running away from the bar.
Police say 12 rounds were fired, 11 of them hit Christopher, who died at the scene.
Police say his cell phone was recovered but his silver fossil watch, his wallet and his keys are still missing.
"For the rest of our lives we have to deal with this tragic loss," Bria said.
The Lomax family has raised a $6,200 reward for anyone with information that leads to an arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
His mother, Cheryl, says it's time for the violence to stop.
"There's no respect out here for anyone and we really need to get everyone involved because it only takes one person to start talking and maybe everyone else can," Cheryl said.
You can make the anonymous call to the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
crimefighters, take action, rick williams
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids