Crime Fighters: 2006 murder still unsolved
November 8, 2008 (WPVI) -- It's been nearly two years since an Olney woman was brutally taken from her family. Now, they hope several thousand dollars might encourage someone to come forward with the answers they need.
Yvonne McBride Adams worked in the Social Security office for over two decades, volunteered her time to charity and spent many years in the outreach ministry of her church.
She was one of eight children and had a son of her own.
On Friday December 15, 2006 her family's lives changed forever.
Just after 9:00 a.m., Yvonne's husband, Alvin, stopped by her home in the 5200 block of North Howard Street in Philadelphia's Olney section to check on her.
The couple was separated at the time.
Authorities say Yvonne had been beaten and strangled.
There was no forced entry and the home was in disarray.
Police also found an open safe on the living room chair with Yvonne's credit cards inside.
DNA has cleared her husband as a suspect.
The neighbors reported seeing a suspicious white vehicle driving up and down the street at about 2:00 a.m. They also heard music blaring from Yvonne's home at the same time.
The family has put together a $3,000 dollar reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
You're urged to make an anonymous call to the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
crimefighters, take action, rick williams
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 49 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
49 min ago