Crime Fighters: 2006 murder still unsolved
November 8, 2008 (WPVI) -- It's been nearly two years since an Olney woman was brutally taken from her family. Now, they hope several thousand dollars might encourage someone to come forward with the answers they need.
Yvonne McBride Adams worked in the Social Security office for over two decades, volunteered her time to charity and spent many years in the outreach ministry of her church.
She was one of eight children and had a son of her own.
On Friday December 15, 2006 her family's lives changed forever.
Just after 9:00 a.m., Yvonne's husband, Alvin, stopped by her home in the 5200 block of North Howard Street in Philadelphia's Olney section to check on her.
The couple was separated at the time.
Authorities say Yvonne had been beaten and strangled.
There was no forced entry and the home was in disarray.
Police also found an open safe on the living room chair with Yvonne's credit cards inside.
DNA has cleared her husband as a suspect.
The neighbors reported seeing a suspicious white vehicle driving up and down the street at about 2:00 a.m. They also heard music blaring from Yvonne's home at the same time.
The family has put together a $3,000 dollar reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
You're urged to make an anonymous call to the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
crimefighters, take action, rick williams
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 28 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 37 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 24 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 22 min ago
- Thousands run first Boston Marathon since bombings 3 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 7 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!