Reward in death of young man
GERMANTOWN - January 24, 2090 (WPVI) -- A young man working to help his family loses his life while on the job. Now, a devastated community pulls together to help catch his killer.
Fakhur Uddin took a year off college to help out the family business.
"Rahman Body and Oils" has been a fixture in Philadelphia's Germantown section for the last 14 years.
On Wednesday August 20, Fakhur took the bus to the store on Germantown near Chelten Avenue.
He opened the doors at about 9:30 a.m.
His father called an hour later, three times, and never got an answer.
The neighbor next door says the front door was open, but the back door was locked.
Syed Alam drove to the location to check on his son, but there was no sign of Fakhur.
Syed asked a passing officer for help.
During her search she found Fakhur's body in the back room.
His arms and legs were bound behind him and he had been shot once in the head.
About $400 was missing from the register.
The tightly knit community banded togetherr to help Fakhur's family through this difficult time.
There is a $1,000 reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
If you know anything, call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
crimefighters, take action, rick williams
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness